Happy 4th of July!
4th of July falls on a Sunday this year so the weekend will be full of festive activities with friends and family. 2021 has been the year of reunions and reconnecting. While we are not quite back to a pre-COVID summer, we are much more open than we were one year ago.
Here are 6 festive ways to celebrate your 4th of July:
- Firework Show – Lots of cities are hosting firework shows this year by drive-in or outside. Drive to the nearest hilly area to see the Los Angeles or Inland Empire basin sky light up!
- BBQ or Pool Party – Hot dogs, hamburgers, and corn on the cob! Bring out your BBQ and grill some food for a crowd. If you are lucky enjoy to have a pool, invite everyone over and stay cool
- Go to a 4th of July Parade – Grab your folding chair or blanket and watch the floats and cars go by!
- Decorate and wear Red, White, and Blue!
- Play Ball! Celebrate 4th of July with America’s Pastime: a game of baseball. If you can’t go to a game this year, round up a team and play at a local field or in the backyard
Watch an America History documentary or patriotic movie — whether on a projector outside or staying cool in the air conditioning. Here a few ideas: Captain America, National Treasure, or A League of Their Own
What is your favorite way to celebrate the 4th of July?