Frank Sinatra might be crooning on all the local radio stations (and streaming apps), but sometimes the holidays don’t feel happy: they feel stressful. With work, school, families, friends, travel, and shopping, the holidays can bring stress and exhaustion.
9 Ways to Reduce Stress During the Holidays
How do you combat stress during the holidays? Here are 9 ways to reduce your stress and increase your quality of life during December.
- Instead of hosting a formal sit-down dinner, make it a potluck. If you still want to provide the food, make it appetizers and dessert
- Say “Yes” to store bought! It is okay to not make it from scratch. Making a veggie tray? Buy the premade platter. Baking pies? Use premade crust!
- Wrap all your presents with the same paper or put everything in gift bags! Not every present has to be uniquely packaged!
- Use disposable plates for events you host to minimize dish-washing
- Select an “event free” day after traveling and parties. Say “No” to any invites!
- Take a walk! Walking is known to reduce stress and release endorphins. Even 10-15 minutes in the sun makes a difference
- Turn off your phone for the first hour when you wake up and the hour before you go to sleep
- Limit your sugar and alcohol intake to avoid feeling tired and sluggish from back-to-back parties. Increase your fruit & vegetable intake!
- Drink lots of water and herbal tea to stay hydrated
What are your tips for reducing holiday stress?
4 Economic Updates for Winter 2019
You might feel like you’re in a holiday snowglobe, but what is going on in the U.S. and state economy right now?
2 – Refinances are at a 4 year high in October 2019 with homeowners taking advantage of low interest rates
Apartment Sizes By States
3 – California and New York have the 2 largest apartments in terms of square footage. Even if the rent is high, Californians like their space!
Homeownership Among Minorities
4 – Homeownership among African Americans and Hispanic Americans increased in Quarter 3 2019